Medical technology makes survival a reality…But what about financial survival?
- 70,100,000 Americans have one or more types of cardiovascular disease.
- There are 14 million heart attack survivors in the U.S.
- 1.4 million heart attacks occur each year – that’s one every 33 seconds.
- Since 1968 death from heart attack has decreased 60%, most people survive.
- There are 9.6 million cancer survivors in the U.S.
- 1.3 million new cases of invasive cancer last year.
- More than 63% survive at least 5 years.
- About 700,000 Americans will have a stroke this year – that’s one every 45 seconds.
- Stroke is our nation’s No. 3 killer.
- Stroke is the leading cause of severe, long-term disability.
Modern Medical Advancements Make Survival a Reality
- Heart Attack 60% Survival
- Stroke 70% Survival
- Breast Cancer 87% Survival
- Prostate Cancer 98% Survival
These critical illness statistics underscore the importance of this type of insurance.
Critical Illness Policies Can Help Pay for Preventive Care
Make your health a matter of choice, not chance! Taking care of your body and mind means a longer life and a better quality of life. Your lifestyle choices do have an impact on your health.
The American Cancer Society estimated that in 2004 more than 180,000 cancer deaths were caused by tobacco use. Scientific evidence suggests that about one-third of the cancer deaths in 2004 were related to nutrition, physical activity, obesity and other lifestyle factors and thus could have been prevented.
The American Heart Association reports that over 70 million Americans have one or more types of cardiovascular disease! As with cancer, many of the risk factors are lifestyle choices such as physical inactivity, tobacco use, obesity and in many cases failure to treat controllable conditions like high cholesterol and high blood pressure with medications readily available from your family doctor.
How It Works
Many of our companies are committed to helping you maintain your health by providing you with a preventative care benefit policy of $50 per year for health screening tests
Best Doctors Endorsement
Provides access to a national network of over 50,000 doctors who have been personally nominated by their peers. Each doctor is a recognized specialist in the treatment of a life-threatening disease or condition. Clients can access this service at time of claim using the following:
- An interactive web site with information on the best doctors and best treatment facilities for a particular medical condition.
- A doctor-to-doctor consultation between the patient’s personal physician and a recognized specialist regarding the best protocol for treating the condition.
With critical illness insurance, you receive policy proceeds at diagnosis instead of death. Following are the types of illnesses covered by critical illness insurance. Some policies may differ from the information shown below.
Benefit paid at diagnosis*
- Cancer (Invasive)
- Heart Attack
- Kidney Failure
- Organ Transplant
- Aortic Replacement
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Burns (Severe)
- Cancer in situ
- Coronary Bypass
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Heart Valve Replacement
- Loss of Limbs
- Loss of Speech
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Occupational HIV